This morning I was using my PC as usual when suddenly my Windows Taskbar, i.e. the bar on the bottom of my desktop where the Start Menu resides, disappeared! I went panic for a sec because without the Taskbar I can’t get to the Start Menu and ultimately launch any program.
So what to do?
Well, it turned out that restoring the Taskbar was not a hard job. The reason why my Windows Taskbar went AWOL was because the program, namely explorer.exe had crashed and brought down the Taskbar with it. So the only thing I needed to do was to re-run the program and my problem would be solved. Except that my Start Menu was not there, so how on earth I could run explorer.exe.
Here is what I did and what you should do:
1. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL – This will take you to a screen with a couple of links that you can choose.
2. Click on ‘Start Task Manager’ – This will start the Task Manager Program.
2a. Alternatively you can press CTRL + ALT + ESC to open the Task Manager directly! (Thanks for the tips from one of the commenter).
3. In the Task Manager window, navigate through the menu File -> New Task (Run…) – This will open the ‘Create New Task’ Dialog window.
4. Type in ‘explorer.exe’ on the ‘Open:’ textbox and press the OK button.
5. This will re-run the explorer.exe which will restore your Windows Taskbar.
Hope this help!